If your deck has been allowed to weather, contains mould or is stained by food or other marks or if you wish to remove the teak sealer and start again, SEMCO 2 Part Teak Cleaner will restore the wood to a like new condition. When teak is exposed to the elements without finish, or has been oiled, stained with food or other stains, the surface becomes dirty, grey and mildew often develops. SEMCO Two Part Cleaner removes the effects of mildew, weathering and food and water stains.
This product is easy to use and will produce dramatic results. Please read the instructions in full before using SEMCO Two Part Cleaner. Wear eye protection and rubber gloves.
1. Always do a small area first on a teak deck to test for any adverse reactions between the cleaner and deck caulking etc.
2. Wet the deck and run off areas with a hose and keep well soaked during the whole process.
3. Apply Part 1 Cleaner to an area of about 1-2 square metres. Scrub with a scotch-brite pad or soft bristle brush to deep clean the area.
4. Rinse to remove debris and keep wet.
5. Apply the Part 2 Cleaner to the same area and scrub lightly. You will immediately see the wood brighten in colour.
6. Repeat the process until the whole deck is clean.
7. Finally rinse the area thoroughly with water. The teak should appear obviously lighter and cleaner. If any stains remain repeat the process.
8. The wood will lighten further as it dries. When it has dried completely it is ready for sealing with SEMCO Teak Sealer.
Be sure that new teak has weathered for at least two weeks or has been washed with a strong soap and is completely dry before sealing. Ensure you stir the contents of the tin thoroughly, and keep mixing throughout the application process.
1. Apply the sealer using a plastic spray bottle, brush or cloth depending on the situation.
Avoid applying SEMCO in direct sunlight or extreme heat. There is no need to be concerned about brush strokes or lap marks.
2. The first coat will dry in under an hour.
3. The second coat must be applied on the same day, wiping off any excess sealer after about twenty minutes. The deck will be dry to touch after a couple of hours and usable the following day.
After cleaning and sealing with Semco Teak Sealer the first time, an occasional cleaning with soap and water and a single fresh coat of SEMCO Teak Sealer applied seasonally will keep your teak looking great for years to come.
1. Clean the teak with mild detergent to remove soil. If any stains remain, sand lightly with fine sandpaper to remove the mark.
2. Ensure that the wood is completely dry before applying the sealer.
3. Apply a single coat of sealer using a plastic spray bottle, brush or cloth. Apply liberally and wipe off the excess with a cloth.
If water dashed on the surface beads up, then the SEMCO Teak Sealer is still working and does not need recoating. Avoid applying SEMCO Teak Sealer too often as the finish will build up and mask the the grain of the wood. A harsh environment or higher usage may shorten the intervals of maintenance required. One coat should be sufficient for most re-coat applications.